Here are the 10 career advancement tips for you to take note.
These are also the qualities that a boss is looking for when promoting someone to a higher position:
1. Self-improvement and self-evaluation: Able to look at yourself critically and change your disposition for the better.
2. Able to accept criticism: To err is human. Willing to listen and accept constructive criticism and learn from past mistakes.
3. Be reliable: Get into the good books of the boss. Cultivate the trust of your boss in you. Get things done as promised in a timely fashion.
4. Be meticulous: Follow the example of the Japanese workers. They are very serious at work. When they are in doubt even for a small matter they will not assume things and they will seek clarification from their bosses.
5. Create job satisfaction: When you are happy at work you will work harder and smarter. You also give your total commitment.
6. Assume the role of your boss: Able to take on responsibilities more than your scope of work as if you were the owner the company.
7. Take initiative: When things do not turn up as planned you come up with a workable solution instead of asking your boss for help.
8. Articulateness: Able to speak and write fluently and clearly in more then one language.
9. A positive image: You are in good health and you are confident of yourself.
You are perceived to be well-informed, intelligent and bright. Always wear a smile and make yourself likable.
10. Good people skills: Able to motivate others and get things done through them.